How to Hang Skateboard on Wall?
Why Did I Feel the Skateboard Need to Hang?
Actually, yesterday I left my skateboard on the porch of my house to go to college. After I left, my father came walking on the porch and he hit my skateboard on the ground of the porch. As a result, my father fell off my skateboard, which I am very sorry for.
Now I’m thinking I’ll never put my skateboard on the ground. This action of mine may become painful for others. Now I will hang my skateboard on the wall. But I’m wondering what are some ways I can adapt the skateboard to the wall
There are different ways to hang a skateboard on a wall, depending on whether you want to mount it vertically, horizontally, or with wheels. Some of the methods are:
Certainly, let’s delve into more detailed instructions for each of the 10 methods to hang a skateboard on the wall:
1. Deck Wall Mount:
- Purchase skateboard deck mounts, which are often made of metal or plastic.
- Use a level to ensure the mounts are even and at the desired height on the wall.
- Mark the spots for the screws, drill pilot holes, and secure the mounts.
- Hang the skateboard deck by its trucks on the mounts. These mounts cradle the deck while displaying it prominently.
2. Truck Wall Mount:
- Choose sturdy hooks or brackets that are designed for heavy objects.
- Ensure the hooks or brackets are spaced apart to accommodate your skateboard.
- Drill pilot holes, insert wall anchors if needed, and securely fasten the hooks or brackets.
- Hang the skateboard by its trucks on the hooks or brackets. Ensure the trucks fit comfortably over them.
3. Ledge or Shelf Display:
- Install a wooden or metal ledge or shelf securely to the wall. Use wall anchors if necessary.
- Ensure the depth of the ledge is sufficient to hold your skateboard deck without tipping.
- Place the skateboard deck on the ledge with the trucks facing outward. This method provides a simple and stylish display.
4. Pegboard Display:
- Attach a pegboard to the wall using wall anchors or directly into studs for stability.
- Insert pegboard hooks or brackets into the holes on the pegboard.
- Hang your skateboard by the trucks on the hooks or brackets. Pegboards offer flexibility for arranging and repositioning your board.
5. Floating Display:
- Install floating shelves on the wall according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place the skateboard deck on the shelves with the trucks facing outward. Ensure the shelves are level.
- Floating shelves add a modern touch to your display and can be used for other decorative items as well.
6. Skateboard Wall Hanger:
- Purchase a skateboard wall hanger kit, which typically includes hanger arms and wall anchors.
- Follow the provided instructions to install the hanger arms securely into the wall studs.
- Hang your skateboard by the trucks on the hanger arms. This method is specifically designed for skateboard display.
7. DIY Grip Tape Hooks:
- Cut a piece of grip tape to a suitable length, typically 6 to 8 inches.
- Fold the grip tape in half lengthwise with the adhesive side facing out.
- Attach one end of the folded grip tape to the wall using screws or adhesive.
- The folded part serves as a hook to hold your skateboard by the trucks.
8. Rope or Cord Display:
- Drill two holes in the wall horizontally, spaced to match the width of your skateboard deck.
- Thread a durable rope or cord through the holes, leaving enough slack for hanging.
- Hang the skateboard by its trucks on the rope or cord, ensuring its level and secure.
9. Wall-Mounted Skateboard Rack:
- Purchase a wall-mounted skateboard rack, which may have hooks or cradles.
- Install the rack according to the manufacturer’s instructions, ensuring it’s properly anchored to wall studs.
- Hang your skateboard on the rack. These racks often have designated spots for the deck and trucks.
10. Skateboard Wall Art:
- Mount your skateboard deck on the wall as a piece of art or decoration.
- Use decorative brackets or clips to secure it in place, ensuring they are level.
- This method allows you to showcase the skateboard deck as a unique art piece while keeping it easily accessible.
11. Using Nails To Hang Skateboard
- Hold your skateboard against the wall at the desired height and align the center mark on the wall with the center of your skateboard deck.
- Using a level (if available) or your eye, make sure the skateboard is level horizontally.
- Once the skateboard is positioned correctly, mark the locations where the trucks’ hanger bolts touch the wall.
- Remove the skateboard from the wall.
- At each marked point, hammer a nail or insert a screw at a slight downward angle into the wall. Ensure the nails or screws are sturdy enough to hold the weight of the skateboard.
- Leave enough of the nail or screw exposed so that the skateboard trucks can rest on them securely.
- Decide where you want to hang your skateboard. Ensure it’s a location that’s easily accessible and safe. It’s also a good idea to choose a spot where the skateboard won’t block any walkways or get in the way.
- Wipe down the chosen spot on the wall with rubbing alcohol or a similar cleaner to remove any dirt, dust, or grease. This will help the adhesive on the hooks stick better.
- Use a level and a pencil to mark the exact position where you want to place the adhesive hooks. Make sure the marks are level and evenly spaced apart to properly support the skateboard. Typically, you’ll want to place one hook at the top of the skateboard and one at the bottom.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on how to attach the adhesive hooks to the wall. Usually, this involves removing the protective backing and pressing the adhesive part firmly onto the wall. Make sure to press them down securely to ensure a strong bond.
- Allow the adhesive hooks to set for the recommended amount of time specified in the manufacturer’s instructions. This usually takes about 24 hours to ensure they are fully secure.
- Once the hooks are securely attached and the adhesive has fully set, you can hang your skateboard. Simply place the skateboard deck onto the hooks. Make sure it’s balanced and sits securely on the hooks.
- Gently shake the skateboard to ensure it’s stable and won’t fall off the hooks. If it feels secure, you’re all set.
- Your skateboard is now securely hung on the wall, serving as both a functional storage solution and a stylish display piece.
Remember that the weight capacity of the adhesive hooks should match or exceed the weight of your skateboard to ensure it stays securely in place. If you ever need to remove the hooks in the future, follow the manufacturer’s instructions for removal to avoid damaging your wall.
Hanging a skateboard without using nails is possible by using various alternative methods. Here are a few creative and nail-free ways to hang your skateboard:
- Use adhesive hooks designed for hanging lightweight objects.
- Purchase heavy-duty Velcro strips. Attach one side of the Velcro strip to the wall and the other side to the skateboard.
- Invest in skateboard wall mounts or racks specifically designed for skateboards. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for installation.
- Use L-shaped shelf brackets to create a skateboard shelf.
- Attach the brackets to the wall, and the skateboard can rest on the horizontal part of the brackets.
- Consider using a skateboard display stand that doesn’t require wall mounting.
- Tie a sturdy rope or paracord to the trucks of the skateboard. Hang the rope from a ceiling hook or another support structure.
- Look for skateboard deck hangers that can hold your deck securely without nails.
- Command strips are adhesive strips designed for damage-free hanging.
- Use large, heavy-duty command strips to attach the skateboard to the wall.
Remember to choose a method that suits your preferences and the aesthetics of your space. Ensure that whatever method you choose can securely support the weight of the skateboard to prevent accidents. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for any hanging hardware or adhesive products you use.